Growing Like a Forest
English for Africa is running more courses for more customers, and so we are looking for an administrative assistant, located or willing to relocate to Meknes, to help run the company.
This would be a full-time position, with a good dose of remote work until the center opens, in the beginning of June, 2022.
Administrative Assistant Position
The administrative assistant position at English for Africa is a key one in promoting the success of the young company. It is also a position of considerable growth potential. As the company gets bigger, the administrator’s role will also evolve, in ways that will suit the professional development of the assistant and the future success of English for Africa.
This, plus the small size of the company, explains why the Assistant’s responsibilities are so varied. Some duties will include:
· Receiving customers at company offices;
· Handling company communications, including emails, letters and telephone calls about upcoming courses, current courses, and other activities and events;
· Using the company social media accounts to post about company events, recruit TP students, and to build a lasting and thriving EfA alumni community;
· Filing (both electronical and physical);
· Liaising with Cambridge University, Trinity University, and other partners;
· Researching a variety of different topics related to company affairs;
· Helping to organize cultural exhibits and events at the company premises;
· Procuring books and other materials for company use;
· Helping with administrative affairs related to government bureaucracy;
· Running errands to the bank, shops, post office, etc.
The successful applicant will:
· Have at least a B2 level in English;
· Be flexible, open-minded and willing to learn;
· Be proactive and forward-thinking;
· Have a very good command of basic word processing software (Word, Excel), and electronic filing;
· Have a good understanding of, or a willingness to learn about the use of social media for advertising purposes.
Of the list of duties above, some will begin immediately, and others will begin after suitable training. As the assistant shows potential to acquire more of the above duties, they will be confided to him or her.
In return, the successful applicant will receive:
· A competitive local salary;
· On-the-job training;
· The opportunity to grow with the company, and the freedom to propose and work on projects that they are passionate about.
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.